Prior to finding you the best quote for home insurance, we always ask about smoke
detectors and security systems in your home. Many insurance companies offer
discounts for those homeowners who have security systems. Here are few of the
different kinds of security systems that can help reduce your home insurance costs.
1. Outside lights- Set these up on timers so they come on even when you are gone.
Also, motion detecting lights are an excellent deterrent and can be installed at a
2. Cameras are also a good deterrent. Place cameras around outside doors and
your yard. Many home improvement stores offer cost-effective products.
3. Alarms are always a good idea. Alarm systems that are connected to a central
station will yield the best discount.
Other Home Insurance Credits
Most insurance companies offer many types of discounts for homeowners. We are
committed to keeping up on all these discounts to make sure you are getting the best
coverage and price. Some of these discounts can include:
1. Gated communities
2. Community security
3. Updates in wiring and/or plumbing
4. New roof
5. No claims
6. Non smokers - The No. 1 cause of home fire fatalities in the United States is
smoking. Smoking caused 16,000 residential fires in 2012, killing over 500
people and causing $376 million in residential property loss. Source- U.S. Fire
7. Senior citizen discounts- If you are over 55 and retired you may have discounts waiting for
8. Sprinklers- Many new home building codes require sprinklers. These can be
expensive but will provide home insurance discounts.
As an independent agent we will work hard to find you the best possible combination
of coverage, price and service. Call us today for a free quote.